Article 1 Period of Registration
The registration period of the 2018 3rd Golden Tree International Documentary Film Festival will begin on September 15th, 2017 and will last till March 31st, 2018.
Article 2 Awards and Prize Money
1. 2018“Golden Tree”Award, 1 Winner, Prize Money: 10000 EUR
2. Best Documentary Long Award, 1 Winner, Prize Money: 5000 EUR
3. Best Documentary Medium-Length Award, 1 Winner, Prize Money: 4000 EUR
4. Best Documentary Short Award, 1 Winner, Prize Money: 2500 EUR
5. Best Documentary Mini Award, 1 Winner, Prize Money: 2000 EUR
6. Award for Best Director, 1 Winner, Prize Money: 5000 EUR
7. Award for Best Camera Work, 1 Winner, Prize Money: 5000 EUR
8. Award for Best Editing, 1 Winner, Prize Money: 5000 EUR
9. Award for Best College Director, 3 Winners, Prize Money: 1500 EUR
10. Special Award of the Organizing Committee, Prize Money: 5000 EUR
Article 3 Review Process
1.The evaluation process is divided into four segments, including Preliminary Assessment, Initial Evaluation, Pre-Selection and Final Evaluation. The result of the Final Evaluation will be announced at the evening party of the closing ceremony.Films and personnel featured in the Award for Best College Director category as well as in other cooperation awards will not undergo the pre-selection process, but enter the final review period directly instead.
2. Every film that enters the Re-Evaluation period:
Will obtain the Re-Evaluation Certificate (digital), the organizing committee will deliver the file via E-Mail to the contact person who registered for the event.
3. Every film that enters the Final Review period:
(1) Will obtain the Final Evaluation Certificate (paper), the organizing committee will deliver the certificate via mail service to the contact person who registered for the event.
(2) The organizing committee will invite a creative member of the team to attend the exhibition of the Golden Tree Festivals and participate in related activities, while all costs shall be paid by the invited person.
(3) The organizing committee shall enjoy the publicity and exhibition rights of the film during the time frame of the Golden Tree exhibition from September 19th, 2018 till September 22nd, 2018.
4. Every film that wins an award during the Golden Tree:
(1) Will obtain the Award Winning Film Certificate (paper), as well as the trophy related to the category. Both will be presented at the closing ceremony of the Golden Tree.
(2) The organizing committee will select outstanding films for screenings.
5. Regarding the film registration of the participant (or the institution) – Once the organizing committee has released the notification that the registered film has made it to the final evaluation, the film shall not be withdrawn on any grounds for the evaluation of the Golden Tree Festival.
Article 4 Conditions of Registration
1. The film must be a completely finished documentary film. Films that are still in a phase of research, or being filmed, or are in the stage of post-production, are not allowed to register.
2. The subject matter of the to be registered film needs to conform to the theme of the festival.
3. There is no limit to the number of films that can apply for Golden Tree.
4. There shall be no conflict between the film and the program; the registered film shall participate in the evaluation segments, the screening segment as well as in the trade segment at the same time.
5. The organizing committee does not charge a registration fee.
6. All films that register for the Golden Tree International Documentary Festival shall not contain any elements that are hostile to others, cause religious or ethnic conflicts etc, and shall not cover pornography, violence or racial discrimination.
Article 5 Rules of Participation
1. Genre: Documentary;
2. Film length definition:
Documentary Long: 60 minutes or more;
Documentary Medium-Length: 26-60 minutes;
Documentary Short: 7-26 minutes;
Documentary Mini: 7 minutes or less;
3. Theme of the film:“The roots and future of culture”
4. Completion of film production requirements: Films that want to participate in the evaluation process of the 2018 3rd Golden Tree International Documentary Film Festival must have been completed after January 1st, 2016. The organizing committee is responsible for selecting documentary films that comply with the rules of the event. It is also responsible to form professional jury panels for conducting the evaluation and selection process.
5. Registration fee: No Fee
6. Subtitles: All films that have been registered for the event must come with English subtitles.
7. Registration time for films:
The online registration form will be online for an extended time, but the organizing committee enjoys the right to filter films in accordance with the following rules. Only films that meet the corresponding registration requirements will be accepted.
The registration period of the 2018 3rd Golden Tree International Documentary Film Festival will begin on September 15th, 2017. The registration period will end on March 31st, 2018 (you have to complete the online registration form before this date). The material required to register the film must be sent to the office of the organizing committee (the arrival date will serve as the norm) before March 31st, 2018.
Article 6 Registration Process
All registered films should complete the following steps:
1. Visit the official homepage of the Golden Tree International Documentary Film Festival at www.goldentreefestival and fill out the online information registration form for your film.
2. Upload the following application materials:
Film stills, 1-3 posters of the film, requirements: JPG format (with a pixel size of at least 300 DPI, with a file size of not less than 1 MB.
3. Upload the following video materials:
(1) The whole documentary film, requirements: MP4 format, 720p or 1080p, Bitrate: 3000 kbps to 5000 kbps;
(2) Trailer of the documentary film (length: less than 3 minutes), requirements: MP4 format, 720p or 1080p, Bitrate: 3000 kbps to 5000 kbps;
Attention: If the candidates live in areas with weak internet coverage, they can also send us the video materials by the following delivery method:
Copy the video materials to a USB-Stick or Data Disc, and sent the package to the office of the organizing committee of the Golden Tree Festival. Please include the name of the film as well as contact details with the package, when sending the files to the following address:
Address: Hanauer Landstr. 52, 60314 Frankfurt am Main, Germany Contact Number：+49 69 87005342.
4. Once the registered film of the participant arrived at the Golden Tree office, the organizing committee will send out a notification and announce its arrival, which also marks the end of the registration process. If there is no notification by the committee, the process is not complete yet.
5. Wait for an announcement by the organizing committee to see if your film has been selected.
6. All registered materials will not be refunded and retained by the organizing committee for archival purposes, please keep a backup for yourself. If necessary, the organizing committee will get in touch with the contact person of the registered film and collect more relevant materials.
7. Attention: The registration of films with incomplete materials will not be valid.
8. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the organizing committee of the Golden Tree: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article 7 Declaration of applicants
1. The person or institution who registered the film shall have full copyrights or official representative rights. More over the participant or institution shall guarantee that the film is not involved in any kind of copyright dispute, while also ensuring to own the copyrights of the music, video image and creative text of the works or the authorization of the copyright owner of the work. In case of any disputes regarding the film’s copyright, the applicant will bear full responsibility.
2. The organizing committee of the Golden Tree International Documentary Film Festival owns the right to use not more than 3 minutes of footage of the registered film, for showings in television, cinema, video internet platforms etc. as well as other media promotion channels.
3. For the integrated promotion of the Documentary Film Festival, the organizing committee has the right to use the registration material as well as stills, posters and trailers of the registered film for printed products, publicity trailers, cinemas, television, internet, mobile phone television and other public places.
4. The organizing committee of the Golden Tree International Documentary Film Festival shall obtain the right to duplicate the registered film, while only doing that for the purpose of preserving the document, and not for any kind of commercial use.
5. Regarding the authenticity of the registration material: Applicants shall ensure the authenticity, completeness and accuracy of the registration information, and bear the legal liability arising from false information.
Article 8 Declaration of the Organizing Committee of the Golden Tree International Documentary Film Festival
1. All registered films must strictly comply with the rules and regulations of the 2018 3rd Golden Tree International Documentary Film Festival.
2. The Golden Tree International Documentary Festival shall not be responsible for any consequences caused by the submission of the information or errors during the process of filling out the documents.
3. If there are any changes to the rules, the date of change shall be announced on the official website of the Golden Tree. Participants are entitled to withdraw from the event if they do not accept the amended terms. If the participant has not notified the organizing committee about withdrawing from the competition after 10 working days following the announcement, he will accept all changes as the participant.
4. Participants that register for the selection process of the Golden Tree International Documentary Film Festival will accept all aforementioned terms and rules. In the case of legal disputes, the final decision shall lie with the national judiciary of the host.
Article 9 Registration information
1. The production of all submitted films must be completed and ready. All information or films that are still in the research, filming and post-production stage are not eligible for the competition and must not contain any content that is hostile towards nationalities or that lead to religious or ethnic conflicts.
2. All mailing costs of the film and the documents shall be covered by the applicant. Insurance costs will also be covered by the applicant. The organizing committee of the 2018 3rd International Documentary Film Festival GOLDEN TREE shall not be responsible for any failure, force majeur, damage or loss of materials created during the mailing process.
3. The organizing committee of the 2018 3rd International Documentary Film Festival GOLDEN TREE shall not be responsible for consequences resulting from the transmission of data or errors. Once the registration has been successfully completed, the Organizing Committee of the 2018 3nd International Documentary Film Festival GOLDEN TREE will offer no refunds.
4.The Organizing Committee of the 2018 3nd International Documentary Film Festival Golden Tree will establish an “International Joint Production Service Meeting Hall”and applicants can register to participate in this service.
5. Applicants and film submitters accept all of the above terms and conditions. In the case of legal disputes, the final decision shall lie with the judiciary of the host’s country.
Article 10 The right to interpret these rules belongs to the organizing committee of the Golden Tree International Documentary Film Festival.
Golden Tree International Documentary
Festival Organizing Committee